Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Macie is *thank God!* back to her happy, normal self after a terrible bought with teething. She has 3 teeth starting to poke through to show for her 3 days of fussiness and misery.

Ethan is having a rough time adjusting to life without his crib. Although he has a beautiful new blue room *courtesy of Grandma Mary!* and a fun igloo tent to sleep in, he seems to be struggling to get a good night sleep. Tonight I went to bed at 8:30, and was awoken two hours later to find him wedged between his mattress and the back of the tent. Not sure how he managed that, but he was NOT happy about it. Hopefully the rest of the night will go more smoothly.

In other news, we had to leave the Luther Park event at Trinity this afternoon just as soon as we arrived. The minute we walked in, Ethan started tantruming. Not sure what his deal was. We immediately turned around to go home. Of course it was embarrassing, and the adults there staring at me didn't seem all too supportive (Except for Carrie, of course!) I am pretty sure they had all forgotten what it's like to have a 2 year old, or they were thinking, "if I ever have kids they will NEVER act like that!" *which, by the way, is what I used to think when I saw a naughty kid.* Once we got home, he was fine. I think he was telling me with his behavior that he needed a quiet evening at home.

2 comments:

lil'lil' said...

Macie--three teeth?? VERY impressive. You are a very advanced baby.

Kristen--I know that is so embarrassing! But, I bet anyone with kids understood. I have to admit that I'm always a little bit relieved to see kids throwing fits in public, because it confirms that I'm not the only one with misbehaving children.

lil'lil' said...

P.s. I'd just like to add that I LOVE that you don't gloss over your life to make you children sound perfect.