Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hooray for Summer!




Macie is now appreciating the toys on the exersaucer.

I've been having a great couple days home with the kiddos. A few highlights:
  • Macie has been so good and happy! However, she is the drooliest baby I have ever seen. We go through about 4 bibs a day in pure drool, not to mention some spit-up incidences as well.
  • We got the swing back from the kids' daycare where it had been since I returned to school. Thank goodness! Macie takes great naps in it!
  • Ethan has been hilarious lately! He is so fun and spirited! His speech continues to improve, and he has been imitating us a lot - he also picked up on cousin Victor's favorite expression, "No Way!" So Ethan will say, "No Way! Victor, Victor, Victor!"
  • Today we got out the art supplies which we just haven't had much time for lately. Ethan loved doing the finger paints, color wonder paints, and markers. Unfortunately, however, I had to bring him grocery shopping (well, he went to the Festival Foods Tot Spot) with blue finger paint in his hair and purple marker on his lips.
  • Yesterday my friend Carrie spent the morning with us and Ethan was in rare form. First he had the most humongous diaper I have ever changed - then while I was disposing of the diaper and he was diaper-less he peed on the floor. After I told him what he had done, he ran around yelling, "pee, pee, pee!" and laughing hysterically. Ahh . . . never a dull moment.

3 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

I love a sleeping baby! What a doll!

Isaac and Lily's Mommy said...

It's week 1 of summer vacation and the fingerpaints are already out! Way to go Momma!

lynn said...

the picture of ethan yelling, "pee, pee, pee!" makes me laugh really, really hard!