Thursday, September 16, 2010

Habla Espanol?

Macie's becoming quite the little Spanish speaker, from all the hours she's put in of watching Dora and Diego.  Last night we were on a family walk and she would get ahead of us, turn around, and command, "Come on, Babies!  Vamanos!" (Let's go!)  She also says, "Abre!" any time she wants a door or her baby gate open. 

On a separate note, she insists that she sees the ocean every morning on our way to daycare.  She points to the sky and says, "Ocean!"  When I try to explain to her that it's the sky, she gets really ticked off.  So I just go along with it and say, "yes, the ocean is beautiful, isn't it?"  She's going to be quite confused when she starts learning geography - I'm sure she'll be very insistent about telling her teacher that there is an ocean in Western Wisconsin!

Ethan's been saying some funny stuff too.  He's very into asking what letter everything starts with.  He also likes to talk about the vehicles from his book.  After I told him the other day that Mark, Anne, and Kelly were coming over, he thought for  moment and then declared.  "Anne and Kelly can sit in back of the taxi bike and Mark can steer and pedal."  Have you ever heard of a taxi bike?  I hadn't either . . .

2 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

Very funny stories! I'm glad you're writing these tidbits down for when someone writes their biographies when they are presidents and poets, they'll have lots of information!

Kristen said...

Haha! yes, I agree - I'm sure they'll be president and vice president some day!