Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is it spring yet?

I apologize for the lack of posts, but things have been pretty dull around here. Ethan and mom both went to the Dr. yesterday for what turned out to be the flu. Ethan is doing much better today, and mom is about the same - I went to work today, but everyone told me I shouldn't come tomorrow because I "look like death" as one compassionate co-worker put it! So, I made up lesson plans after school just in case. I'm still undecided about what I will do . . .

As for Great Grandma Lue, she has been moved out of critical care. It turns out she had a heart attack and has congestive heart failure. She's doing better, though, which is a blessing. She will be going the a swing nursing home after release from the hospital.

I am so sick of the cold weather, not being able to get outside and exercise, and everyone being sick. Argh. My new guilty pleasure (see side of blog page) involves sitting out here in the freezing cold office, which probably isn't the best idea, so frump.

I must end by saying that I am soooo blessed to have an amazing family, friends, a career I love, and a warm house to live it. Sometimes it just seems that these cold winter days are going to go on FOREVER!

1 comment:

Carl and Jane said...

Hey Ethan! I'm so glad to hear that your great grandma Lue is doing better! I'm so sorry to hear that you both had the flu! Tell Mommy to get better fast! Also, please tell Mommy that her new guilty pleasure is dangerous! I don't know if I"ll get any work done today!!! =)