Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa!

Well, it has been a crazy week around here - one of the more stressful that we've had. I'll quickly list the stresses, and then move on to the more fun things!

1.) Mom and her co-workers planned a big "Celebrations Around the World" open house at school. It took a lot of time and energy. (See picture above - we are all frazzled!). However, it went off very well and I think the parents of our 3rd graders loved it!

2.) Our sewer clogged and overflowed in our basement. Enough said. Not fun.

3.) Our computer crashed and we thought we lost everything (including pics and videos!) but luckily Trav found a great guy who fixed it for us and all is well.

4.) Ethan's daycare sitter had 2 sick kids this week and we didn't want him to get sick from them . . . this could have been very stressful if it weren't for Grandma who THANKFULLY helped us out all week!!

So, now that everything is pretty much back to normal around here, and mom is off for TWO WHOLE WEEKS of VACATION!!!!!!!! we decided to take a trip to visit Santa with Grandma Mary, Cousin Victor, and Aunt Michelle.

Of course Ethan was a total stinker waiting in line. I think he has a rug burn on his face from trying to escape. I'm not sure if his expression is one of being stunned, scared, ticked off, or bored.


He definitely enjoyed the mall play area much more!

Victor and Ethan had fun eating in the cafe court at the mall. It was a really fun morning!
Now Ethan is down for a nap and I have the house to myself - ahh, peace and quiet! Daddy is working today and there is a snow storm outside so it is the perfect afternoon for wrapping presents and baking cookies. I always feel like a terrible parent when I say this, but I hope Ethan takes a LONG nap!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the nap comment for the twins, too! It's when I can regain my sanity!! :)

Anonymous said...

We took a vote and think EJC looks perplexed . . . who wouldn't be? Old man, white beard, red velour suit, oversized puffy blue chair . . . definitely perplexing!

Anonymous said...

I always hope Maria will nap long too, but then the minute it goes over 2 hours, I start to worry - "is she sick?" and "should I wake her up so she sleeps tonight?" !

Enjoy your vacation! And Merry Christmas!