Monday, March 30, 2009

Friends

This weekend, mom and her friends Kyra and Theresa decided to dress up in 80's fashion to attend our good friend, Carrie's musical, Footloose. Carrie directed the musical at the high school where she is the choir director, and we thought she would get a kick out of us coming dressed to participate in the musical ourselves! Although I was very embarrassed to go out in public with tight-rolled jeans, crimped hair, a banana clip, blue eye shadow, and hot pink lip stick I took one for the team and joined in the fun. I was glad I did, because Carrie seemed excited by our appearance when we showed up at the musical.
Yesterday my friend Katherine came to visit. We've been friends since meeting at Luther College, and were roommates after college as well. She is a dear friend and I so appreciated her making the drive from the cities to meet little Macie! She is also expecting her 2nd little bundle of joy in June!
Kyra and Evan stopped by yesterday as well for a visit. I can't believe how big and cute Evan has gotten!

1 comment:

lynn said...

LOVE that pic of you and theresa and kyra! kristen, is it wrong that i remember you wearing your hair and makeup like that?! where were your sally jesse raphael glasses? oh, wait, those were a little more late 90s....