Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Survivor . . .

Well, I officially survived 14 hours alone with both kids today! The day actually went pretty smoothly, and we all took nice, long afternoon naps. The mornings around here are always the most challenging time, since both kids are usually awake for a good chunk of the morning. Ethan usually gets up at 6:30 and then goes down for his nap at 12 or 12:30 and Macie was up for most of that time this morning too.

We did have one challenging little incident this morning - Ethan dumped his applesauce on his head at breakfast (he overturned the entire cup on top of his head and then was wearing the container like a hat . . . and he thought this was hilarious of course) . . . So he needed to take a bath. During his bath he had a very big . . . mess . . . in the bath tub. These incidences made for an interesting morning around here, but I just tried to keep things in perspective - life with a toddler and a 2 1/2 week old is rarely predictable!

1 comment:

lil'lil' said...

First I laughed, then I realized that maybe I should cry... this will be me in a few days when my mom leaves. But for now, I'm still laughing. Oh Ethan, you are quite the kid!