Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mama's Day

I'm going to borrow Ethan's blog to tell you how teaching is going! Yesterday was our first day, but it was an open house where we got to meet all the parents and they brought in the kids' supplies and put them in their desks, etc. It was so fun to meet all the parents - about 3/4 of them new Trav and/or went to high school with him. Very fun!

Today was the "real" first day. My class was wonderful! Can I just say that I love 3rd graders! They are super fun! Granted, we haven't done anything academic yet, but the activities we did today went well. The kids are just so endearing and fun! yay! I have been warned that this is the "honeymoon" period, but I really hope the rest of the year goes as well! Oh, I forgot to mention the downfall of the day - it was 90 degrees out, no air conditioning. Believe it or not, it was so hot in my room that when I walked outside (into the 90 degree weather) it actually felt good! And it was picture day - yikes. My face was bright red, hair was wet with sweat and frizzy. That will NOT be a in a frame - I am certain of that.

Just as I began writing this, Trav came home with 2 bouquets of flowers for me! Yay! He also brought a talking "Office" pen with Michael saying some funny quotes. What a great day!

Ethan also had a great day. Candace, who babysits for him, has a ton of baby toys that are just perfect for him, so he has lots of fun there.

No comments: