Thursday, April 30, 2009

naughty

UGH. So every morning Ethan begs to GO somewhere. When I say beg I mean he is really persistent. So much so that it's easier to just pack up the kids and go somewhere than to listen to him beg. So this morning is cold and rainy and again, he was begging to GO. So I decided we could go play at the mall play area. It's kind of a big production to get a toddler and infant packed up into the car, unpacked and into the double stroller and into the mall, and unpacked again in the play area. As soon as Ethan was free from his stroller he spotted a small toy motorcycle that some little boy had in his stroller. So he went over by it and just begged for it like a crazy person. I even asked the mom to hide it and she was very nice about it, and did hide it, but he was just too persistent in wanting that dang motorcycle. Then he started screaming and throwing a temper tantrum.

That's when I had to put Macie down and load him back up into the stroller to leave. As he was screaming, a very annoying mother said loudly to her kids, "What do you think of that???? Should I scream too????" OMG, I was sooooo annoyed withl her for making my kid's misbehavior a teaching moment for her kids so publicly. Then, after I had his shoes back on, jacket on, Macie buckled in and was heading out (Ethan still screaming of course) the same mom said to me, "Put a smile on your face, mama! We've all had days like this! Just take him and go skipping out of the mall!!" Are you serious?

So I didn't talk to him all the way out of the mall and once we were outside I explained that we had to leave because he was being naughty and screaming, and that it was very sad. Then I didn't talk to him all the way home, and put him immediately into his bed for a nap. He's zonked now. Apparently he was too tired for an outing to the mall today.

I think mom is too tired to be a mom today.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Kristen, that sounds rough! I can't even fathom going out with Grant AND an infant at this point. Good for you for trying! Sounds like he was just overtired.

What an annoying mom! I hope you gave her a dirty look. :-)

lil'lil' said...

Kristen, so sorry to laugh at your expense, but look on the bright side--that story gave me some good entertainment! (only because I've been there!) Oooh, that lady... I can't stand people like that. "Skip out of the mall?" Seriously, I would have loved to see that!

Jane said...

oh...wow. this is what I have to look forward to? You were right when we were chatting the other day! Yikes! Hugs to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I seem to remember a little girl laying down on the floor, screaming in the middle of Sears because her mean mom wouldn't let her climb in the cribs that were on display...payback time!