Tuesday, August 4, 2009

chatting on the phone

Today I chatted with two of my friends who also have young kids at home. Here are some snippets of our conversations:
Conversation #1
(Kristen to Theresa) "Uh-oh - can I call you back? Ethan just took off running down the alley, pushing his dump truck, wearing only a diaper."

(Theresa to Kristen) "ugh . . . the kids just overturned a potted plant."

(Theresa to Kristen) "I just walked into the living room and the twins were standing on the couch, swinging my framed picture back and forth between them on the wall."

(Ethan to Mommy right after hanging up with Theresa) "Pee-pee on the floor! Mommy WASH!!"

Conversation #2
(Jennifer to Kristen) - "Um, can I call you back? The neighbor kids are over and one of them is up to his shoulders in a hole and can't get out." (The kids had dug a hole and put the 5 year old in it! - He got out safely, no worries :)

And, my personal favorite . . .
(Kristen to Jennifer) "I need to call you back - I have poop all over my arm!" (I had been holding Macie and she pooped through her diaper all over my arm and shirt. Not sure how long I'd been holding her like that before I noticed! Yikes!)

2 comments:

lil'lil' said...

That's awesome!!

I actually entertained the following thought today: "It's just a little bit of poop, do I really need to change my outfit before heading to the grocery store?"

Isaac and Lily said...

Way to keep your Mommy on her toes! Isn't it fun?!? What can we think of to do next . . .