Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Appointment Day

Ethan and mom had lots of appointments today! Here was our schedule:

8:00 - Ethan had another language eval. and qualified for birth-three speech. The speech therapist was not too concerned about him, and thinks he will easily make great strides, but since Trav and I were so persistent about getting him in, she is going to meet with him once a week for an hour. I am glad he will be getting this extra help!

9:00 - Mom headed to the dentist to see what was up with her mouth pain. Unfortunately, the dentist couldn't find ANYTHING wrong on the x-rays!! I was really embarrassed because I swear it really, really hurt last night!!! He referred me to an oral surgeon . . .

2:30 - Grandma and Mom took Ethan to see his pediatrician since he has had a pretty bad cough and runny nose, and has tugged at his ear a few times. No ear infection - just a bad cold that we need to wait out . . .

3:00 - Grandma took Ethan home and mom stayed at the clinic for a midwife appointment. GREAT NEWS! I'm getting induced on Friday for sure!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!! I'm so excited because I love the midwife (Annie) that will be delivering my daughter - she also delivered Ethan and he was the biggest baby she had ever delivered - I should ask her if anyone broke his record over the past 2 years . . . Anyway, this was wonderful, relieving news. I came home and told Trav I'm really going to start "nesting" now. He looked freaked out. (about the "nesting," not the baby coming! - I frighten him when I go on cleaning rampages.)

3:45 - Off to the oral surgeon who also didn't find anything wrong with my mouth. Well, I shouldn't exactly say that - he found 2 possibilities for where the pain was coming from, but neither one was definitive and I was no help in identifying whether it was the top or bottom tooth - to me it just feels like the whole left side of my face hurts. However, it hasn't bothered me all day today - we'll see how tonight goes.

I also squeezed in shopping at Saver's with everything 1/2 off. I got a huge bag of clothes for the kids for $23, so I was pretty excited. This included a cute little white Baby Gap snowsuit that I can bring baby girl home in so she doesn't have to wear big brother's hand-me-down doggie snow suit. I'm sure she's relieved.

No comments: