Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update on Baby

I had a midwife appointment yesterday, and baby is doing great! Just by feeling around my tummy, the midwife thought that the baby is already about 9 pounds, which would explain why I'm so uncomfortable! It made me excited, though, because big babies are so cute :) However, we don't want her to get too big, so I am having an ultrasound next Tuesday - I'll be 38 1/2 weeks - and they may induce me early if she is nearing 10 pounds. Apparently she doesn't want to be outdone by her big brother who weighed in at 10 lbs 6 oz. when he was born.

It was so exciting to hear the strong heartbeat of the baby! Again I will say, I can't wait to meet her. I definitely feel ready for her to come any time! I am thrilled at the prospect of our growing family, and feel that she will add a wonderful new dimension to our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear we may be meeting baby girl sooner than expected! Lily is giddy to finally have a little girl to play with!

alex said...

Hi Kristen!

I came across your blog while looking at Debs', and was excited to see pictures of you and your family! How fun, and congrats on the little girl to come - I'm so excited for you! Girl clothes never get less cute, or the girl wearing them either, and I know you'll feel the same way very soon :) I'll be praying for a safe delivery and that everything goes well for you!

jess (and alex and isaiah and rebekah :)